Monday, April 22, 2013

Infantino Support Ergonomic Carrier

Price Point: Infantino Support Ergonomic Carrier -69.99 at Toys R Us

TYPE: Buckle Style Carrier
STAR RATING: *
RECOMMENDATION: NOT


What they say about it...

With soft and breathable materials, the Infantino Support Ergonomic Carrier is ergonomically designed for all day comfort. With weight defying back and shoulder support, it lets baby ride in a natural sitting position that keeps you both close and comfy. 2 Carrying Positions: Facing-in cozy time, Backpack exploring. Ergonomic design provides maximum comfort. Lumbar belt provides supreme back support and eases shoulder strain. Carrier supports baby in natural seated position. Extra padded shoulder straps. Padded head support for baby. Unique top strap adjusts to balance baby's weight.

What we say about it...

Our son was one month old and at the beginning it appeared to be a fantastic option.  We even reviewed it within the week (as they ask you to) and gave it a great review.  However when I tried to write another review or amend the one I wrote on the site they wouldn't allow you to.

At first glance it looks great.  This carrier resembles the Ergo ergonomically designed but for half the cost.  For the newborn stage it seems to work well other than the pinching of the legs (will describe that more later)

I wore this carrier for 4 weeks during which time I discovered, though it looks like it could stand next to the Ergo after two weeks it started to fade literally and figuratively.

Walking I found that my back ached if wearing him for longer than an hour.  Once he reached about 15 pounds it was clear my back would be in trouble if we continued to wear him in this carrier.  The material faded in the sun after about 2 weeks of use.

On a positive note, it was easy to breastfeed my newborn son in this carrier.  I had no problems doing so and no one could tell I was feeding him when I was.

For the cost of the carrier you should expect more however it should not fade so easily in he sun, should give you adequate support and allow you to carry your baby for longer than an hour.  In the end I would not recommend this carrier to my friends.


PROS
  • 1 hour OK
  • Ability to breastfeed
  • Breathable material
  • Ease of use
  • Hands free in home
  • ergonomic design
  • Straps to tie things on
  • Straps wrap into selves
CONS
  • 3months plus
  • Need insert for newborn
  • No hoodcover
  • No pocket
  • Uncomfortable for babies over 15 pds
BEST USES
  • Breastfeeding on go
  • 1 hour or less

No comments:

Post a Comment